Hey! The indoor track is only 100m long =) And I only have it when I'm in Thessaloniki.
Originally Posted by nycjay01
(Ι'm also in Milan and Athens during the year - Athens also has some, but they're harder to access).
Haha Nick, yes, part of it is the joy of being inside =)
Ah ok.. Dont worry training in the cold makes you tougher :-) When the weather is crappy and you have a meet youre going to be business as usual while everyone else is complaining :-)
Tuesday, Jan.4th, 2011.
Traumatic lactic acid experience today, at 2 degree weather I've felt the lactic feeling before, of course, but not so intense, and never with such increasing intensity as time went on, once stopped running !
I think it was too cold, and normally today should have been tempo, but Monday-Tuesday is always like this for my training partner, and I wanted to join along.
15min warm up
- 2 x 20m A skips
- 2 x 20m B skips
- 2 x 80m strides (grass) trainers
- 2 x 80m strides (track) spikes
- 300m @48", rest 8'
- 300m @47.5", rest 9'
- 300m @49.5" >> very very bad feeling; took 25' to recover from pain; I felt pretty worthless (well, almost), as my training partner looked much more comfortable, and he also did a 4th one (@39-40")
p.s. 3 hrs later (ouch)
- 25min hamstrings active recovery
- 25min calves active recovery
Wednesday, Jan. 5th, 2011
- 20min warm up run
- long stretch
- 3 x 30m A skips
- 3 x 30m running A's
- 3 x 30m scissor kicks
short tempo (indoors)
- 10 x 100m (rather fast, with a bit longer rests than 50m walk)
- 2 x 10 lateral pull downs
- 2 x 10 chin downs
- 3 x 12 dips
- 3 x 15 hip raises with swiss ball
- abs in between and after
I've tried, but then I'm stepping up front rather than underneath the body, and knee lift becomes too exaggerated, so not a good idea.
Originally Posted by sady
I've only started to read your journal and it makes great reading. I like the way you express your emotions and the way certain songs inspire you. Ive found your EMS posts very helpful.Keep up the good work.
Τhanks! This is a good reminder to get back to my EMS again, because I've noticed that without it these past 2 weeks, I feel a bit 'flat'. Or maybe I'm tired. Who knows =)
Originally Posted by JasonUK