Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ok what seriously happened to powell?

ok what seriously happened to powell?

How does he manage to run through the line, get the fastest start and run slower than he did in the semi !?!?

i hope he was tired. he barely made it to the finish line.

choked as usual i guess

its just this time...there was no poissble excuse!

"I messed up big time," said Powell. "My legs died on me. Usain ran an awesome race. I'm very happy for him."

Quote Originally Posted by Track_man
    "I messed up big time," said Powell. "My legs died on me. Usain ran an awesome race. I'm very happy for him."

When you are afraid, your legs feel died and tight.

There has to be more to it. From the race, he looked relaxed, and not tight at all. Maybe he just isn't a round runner. Even his fast sixty was nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusldr
    There has to be more to it. From the race, he looked relaxed, and not tight at all. Maybe he just isn't a round runner. Even his fast sixty was nonexistent.
    Thats my point he was scared of bolt and that made his legs feel died/heavy/tight which = poor finals.

My legs died on me probably sums it up. Not able to do 4 tough rounds. It can't have helped that he had the surgery on the torn pec

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Francis
    My legs died on me probably sums it up. Not able to do 4 tough rounds. It can't have helped that he had the surgery on the torn pec

Do you think the mental issues came up in his head (his past history)?