Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Mike Barwis - "Barwis Methods"

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Preach! Oh by the way since 2 stupid dogs (great cartoon by the way) got to everyones beloved mich. Injuries went up 300%, about 42 kids left and went on to other universities, oh yeah there starting, SEE RYAN MALLOT.
    Ryan Mallot avg qb and will not be a great pro. Bad example, Rich could care less.

Time will tell

In defense of RR, Mallet is a poor fit for spread option offense. He does seem to be the number one rated guy by most NFL scouts coming out next year. Mallet, Locker, and the kid from Stanford are the supposed top 3. I guess we will see soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by speedcoach View Post
    In defense of RR, Mallet is a poor fit for spread option offense. He does seem to be the number one rated guy by most NFL scouts coming out next year. Mallet, Locker, and the kid from Stanford are the supposed top 3. I guess we will see soon enough.

Check the big board and pac 10.

Quote Originally Posted by RB34 View Post
    Ryan Mallot avg qb and will not be a great pro. Bad example, Rich could care less.
    Ok explain the 42 kids transferring from a very rich in history university, which blows away the previous ncaa record of kids transferring in 1 year. What about injuries going up 300% when they got there? Believe me I didnt make up these numbers. I just laugh when people from there admittedly want nothing to do with there university. Thats like me or you saying we want nothing to do with our prospective universities. Face it my friend, Michigan has suffered more than a black eye no matter how much people try to defend them ( believe me my family is alumni along with some members of my church and even they said there praying that they get it together).

Re: Mike Barwis - "Barwis Methods"

New Barwis article talking about combine prep and 6 hour sessions and two a days.

http://annarbor.com/sports/um-footba...n-mike-barwis/

That helps to explain why six former Michigan football players would subject themselves to four two-a-days a week -- and a six-hour session on a fifth -- with Barwis, whose reputation for laborious workouts precedes him.
    If I close my eyes, I can see Charlie rolling his eyes in disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by lkh View Post
    If I close my eyes, I can see Charlie rolling his eyes in disgust.
    Enough said!

Who are the "Olympic athletes" consulting with him?Marathon runners?NOt surely sprinters, hurdlers, throwers or lifters, that is, no performance sport....could be good for rowing maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by eroszag View Post
    Who are the "Olympic athletes" consulting with him?Marathon runners?NOt surely sprinters, hurdlers, throwers or lifters, that is, no performance sport....could be good for rowing maybe?
    I read an article around 4 yrs. ago where he said (if I am recalling it correctly) he had worked with "Olympic sprinters" but I never found any examples of who those people might be. This was either prior to or right after he had started working at UM so it would almost certainly have been someone who attended WVU. I definitely had/have my doubts about the claim. The article might be linked to one of the threads here on the subject-possibly this one(?).