Ok guys and gals,
with 2011 just around the corner what would you all like to see here at CF.com just post what you like to see and ill try and get it sorted!
keep the CF spirit alive!
1. Observation of the forum rules by everyone.
2. A continuation of the regeneration of the site, it seemed to sort of lose its way for a while (understandably so) but now seems to progressing well. Thanks to those involved.
3. More articles?
4. Expansion of the CF product discussion area with a sub forum for each product and access only to those who have bought that, password with the product order? This would allow discussion in a way that doesn’t compromise the knowledge gained from those products. There is a fine line between discussion / sharing and compromising the IP that this could alleviate.
5. Branded clothing?
6. A way to make donations. The site is a fantastic resource provided for free it would be nice to be able to contribute back even in some small way.
7. A 400m book based on KK’s principles. There is a plethora of information that could be pulled together and edited then sold. Not suggesting KK has to do all of that, maybe a work group could develop it? I know some have already done this for their own info and there are IP issues around the content, as has been brutally pointed out previously, but surely this can be overcome?
8. An online, pay for use, coaching service.
9. CF principles promoted for general fitness. IMHO they are a damn better, healthier, option than Crossfit and other crazes just need presenting and promoting.
10. Personally I think there are too many sub forums and could be reduced. Yes I know this appears to contradict 4 but there are areas that crossover and some that have minimal / no activity.
I typically hold an annual Strength and Conditioning conference. I will still do that in 2011 (likely in May).
However, I have this idea that I could hold another workshop where Forum members could meet face to face and discuss training. A number of people could do presentations, with breakout groups to follow. The presentation would be on their use and interpretation of Charlie's concepts. Let me know if there is any interest in this idea.
That sounds very interesting. I would be there.
Don't forget that for US coaches involved with high school track May is championship time. Most likely there's a big meet every weekend (conference/regional/state).
Originally Posted by NumberTwo
Agree that the forum member workshop is an interesting idea.
And as for the CF forums I'd like to see the rules continue to be enforced, it seemed to be slipping there for awhile. I actually enjoy a moderated forum, it keeps the overall quality of discussion much higher.
Perhaps some sort of Coaching Level Program, where the only way to Get your Pass is to produce Results, even if you paid, if you fail you don't get the Level. Perhaps with some sort of CF based written exam - So true CF style of coaching is producing the said results.
Level 1 coach - has produced a 11 - 11.25 runner (male) or Female equivalent time
Level 2 coach - has produced a 10.75-10.99 runner
Level 3 coach - a 10.50 - 10.74 runner
level 4 coach - a 10.25 - 10.49 runner
level 5 coach - 10,00-10.24 runner
Master coach - sub 10
These would also be shown under their Names on the forum.
I usually hold the S&C conference in March, April or May. The CF Forum Member workshop could be anytime that works best for people. I'm open to suggestions.
Originally Posted by Stikki
Originally Posted by Stikki
the rules have been reposted and will be enforced and adhered to. no more BS will be tolerated so we can all enjoy this site.
keep the CF spirit alive
I will get on the recruiting trail and instantly become a level 5 coach
Originally Posted by boldwarrior
Guys I love the Ideas!
Number 2, will you keep us posted on your S&C clinic?
Also I love the idea of a cf test. I had to take the USATF level 1 2 weeks ago, lets just say i got plenty of sleep